Monday, September 19, 2016

Chuckles and Chortles

Happy new week, my friends! What's going on with you? How was your weekend? Mine was very nice, thank you for asking. Yesterday morning I went for round two at the local book fair, which takes place for two weekends a year. It was the last day and on the last day the blowout sale happens. You have two choices that day: 1) you pick up a few books at half price or 2) you grab a box, fill it up with as many books as you can fit into it and pay only $10. Well... What do you suppose I chose to do? Yeah.

And because it was such a beautiful day, the most amazing man in the world and I headed downtown for dinner and stopped in at the new restaurant, Score Pizza. You get to choose the ingredients and the pizza is built right in front of you and cooked within minutes. It was so good!

Then we took a nice long walk and stopped in at White Mountain where you can get the most delicious homemade ice cream and frozen yogurt that is made with natural ingredients. Delicious!

Well, enough about all that, let's get to why you're here...the funny stuff!







Have a good one, everyone!

44 comments:

  1. you really ROCK dear best wishes for your all steps ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet lady! Hope you and your family are all well.

      Delete
  2. I love those book sales, I always come away with oodles of books that I have no room for! Many chuckles today, love the "MOTIVE", so true! Glad to hear you had a great weekend.
    xx Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never stop getting books! there is always something good to read. But at least I give away many every few months, so my addiction doesn't spiral out of control!

      Delete
  3. One can never have to many books, I always say :)
    Great post, as usual...but I love the "fridge magnet" and "collage" the best...so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the new collage student majors in English.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the chuckles. Glad you enjoyed your pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I chuckled at all of these, Martha, but the "motive" one made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one's my favourite! Had me laughing out loud, too.

      Delete
  7. All of these are good--I enjoy your sense of humor! :-) The book fair sounds wonderful. I would definitely be packing up a box too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL with the magnet and the "collage" going. Sounds like a fun weekend you had and relaxing! Yep, I bet you did the $10 box of books myself!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great deal, Betty. A box full of books at such a minimal price!

      Delete
  9. Martha, thanks for the Monday morning smiles. We have waited for the cable guy, and he seldom comes within the five or six hour time the company says he will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done the same in the past! The phone company was just as bad.

      Delete
  10. I'll have been married for 4 years next month but that last one got a pretty big grin from me! Glad you had a good weekend, hope you found some awesome books :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It passes so fast, Hannah! Enjoy every minute of it.

      Delete
  11. you had a great weekend! Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the last two!! College / collage. Message / massage- which would you rather get? Hope you score big on that book sale. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad your weekend was a good one ...
    Love the one about the cones!

    Enjoy your week

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least they should be able to afford collage!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now we laugh about the cable company notice but on the other hand that's how some of them operate. You never know when they're coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely true! Sometimes you have to wait all day for them.

      Delete
  16. Got to spice up those boring 2 hour Monopoly games

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha. Very good. Only thing I'm missing is a picture of that pie. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, I know I'm sick, but I'm seriously laughing over the fridge magnet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not alone! I laughed out loud with that one, too, so I'm just as sick :)

      Delete
  19. I saw the cat and went OH MY GOD...and then read the words above it. Damn magnets!

    ReplyDelete