Sunday, September 11, 2016

Project 366: Week 36

Is it possible that this project has reached 36 weeks? It sure is! This round of photos is less about quality and more about curiosity. What do you notice when you’re out and about? What makes you smile? What makes you stop and take a closer look? And most importantly, what makes you point the camera in that direction and freeze the moment? Below are a few of my frozen moments.

This week's photo theme: What I Saw


Friday, September 02, 2016
Private Property
"And also abandoned."

Project 366, Day 246: Private Property


Saturday, September 03, 2016
After The Rain
"Taking a stroll after the rain has quenched the earth’s thirst.”

Project 366, Day 247: After The Rain


Sunday, September 04, 2016
A Splash Of Colour
"Flowers always make everything prettier.”

Project 366, Day 248: A Splash Of Colour


Monday, September 05, 2016
Can you see me?
"If I don’t move, she won’t notice me!"

Project 366, Day 249: Can You See Me?


Tuesday, September 06, 2016
The Middle Of Suburbia
"Homes and businesses surround this untouched greenspace."

Project 366, Day 250: In The Middle Of Suburbia


Wednesday, September 07, 2016
Close Encounters
"I only had a little point and shoot with me, but it managed to capture this little critter.”

Project 366, Day 251: Close Encounters


Thursday, September 08, 2016
Summer
“At the speed it goes, it should lose its license!”

Project 366, Day 252: Summer


What I've learned this week:
Tread slowly and quietly when you want to photograph little critters. You’ll earn a smidgen of trust.
Find something good in each day even if it’s very difficult sometimes.
Don’t always rush. Life is much more enjoyable at a leisurely pace..
There is no guarantee of a future. This moment is all there is. Enjoy it.


That’s all, folks. Have a good one!

28 comments:

  1. I appreciate your wording: "rain quenched the earth's thirst." So nice, and I also appreciate and needed to read your thoughts.
    That critter makes me a bit nervous, but it's a great shot.
    Be and stay well, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robyn! I hope your week is off to a great start.

      Delete
  2. lovely photos today Martha, wow 36 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes fast, doesn't it? I can't believe autumn is here!

      Delete
  3. That second photo is really cool. Of course, I like the bunny too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. We've got an abundance of bunnies around here!

      Delete
  4. Loved all but that cricket one is great! the type of camera doesn't really matter at all and you are living proof of this, Martha! It is the 'eye' of the photography and what they 'see' and what 'frozen moments' they choose to capture. You are so good at what you do.
    Those 'Brown-Eyed Susans' look very snuggled in.....nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Jim. It doesn't matter what camera you use. You have to be able to 'see'. But first, you have to be able to slow down and notice things!

      Delete
  5. The little critter looks like he is about to say something.

    Just spent some time shooting food today. Great fun.

    Happy New Week !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great photos!

    When I walk slowly my surroundings open up to me in a complete different way, including the things I've never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicely said, Lon! Thanks for stopping by. It's always great to see new bloggers here.

      Delete
  7. You have a great variety in what you saw. You must have been flat on your belly to get the grasshopper photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite...but close! I got really lucky with this grasshopper. Most of the time you can't get very close to them.

      Delete
  8. Great collection of images! I like the yellow flowers best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true about the life lesson learned this week to go through life sometimes leisurely. These are all great pictures and I can't believe the year and project is winding down!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're always in a rush, Betty. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves to slow down and enjoy the moment!

      Delete
  10. Love, LOVE your photos. I really liked the cricket one! It's so rare to see nature up close like that. Super impressed that you took that with a point and shoot camera.

    The contrast of the flowers against rock and wall is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! Most of my photos in this project have been taken by a point and shoot. Mostly because it's easier to carry it around. And I never leave home without a camera and the small ones are easy to slip into a purse or pocket!

      Delete
  11. Love the sign, though I live in a place that is generally hotter and seems to have less change of season as time goes by...You live in such a pretty area. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kingston is a very beautiful city. There is always something nice to see!

      Delete
  12. I can't wait for true autumn to arrive

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a few days away ... so I'm still playing catch up reading all my lovely blogging friends posts!

    I just can't believe its week 36, you have done fantastically well on this special project.
    I think my two favourites this time are the little critter and 'after the rain'

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete