Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Project 366: Week 38

When I first started this project, I wondered if I’d make it halfway. Well, here we are with week 38 completed and into the fall season. I’m glad I stuck with it even during those periods when I didn’t feel like it. Here is another round of photos.

This week's photo theme: Water Views


Friday, September 16, 2016
In The Shade
"Enjoying the view in the shade on a warm afternoon."

Project 366, Day 260: In The Shade


Saturday, September 17, 2016
The Bridge
"Taking a short break before we explore the other side.”

Project 366, Day 261: The Bridge


Sunday, September 18, 2016
Water Meditation
"When I need to relax, I seek water.”

Project 366, Day 262: Water Meditation


Monday, September 19, 2016
Nature’s Beauty
"There is no place quite as beautiful as the land and the water and the sky."

Project 366, Day 263: Nature's Beauty


Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Quiet
"A peaceful end to the day."

Project 366, Day 264: Quiet


Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Tucked In
"Even boats need to rest.”

Project 366, Day 265: Parked


Thursday, September 22, 2016
Dramatic Sky
“The view by the water is that much more beautiful with dramatic clouds.”

Project 366, Day 266: Dramatic Sky


What I've learned this week:
Play tourist in your own city and discover new sights.
Some days go as planned. Some days go off course. Accept it and move forward.
Spend time by the water to renew and refuel.
Complain less. Appreciate more.

That’s all, folks. Have a beautiful day!

42 comments:

  1. Stunningly beautiful, photos!!!
    Martha you are a gifted photographer.
    The 1st, 3rd and 4th photos truly spoke to my soul~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this week's water theme, so calming and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful places. And you are so right about complaining less and appreciating more. Just think how nice the world would be if we all took that to heart a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great summer photos with biking and boating around a beautiful lake. These are the scenes we will be dreaming about in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet! Lots of fun things to see and do in the summer.

      Delete
  5. Don't take this the wrong way, but your husband has nice gams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the shots of all the boats at dock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the water theme ... beautiful photo's.

    "Some days go as planned. Some days go off course. Accept it and move forward."
    I call it being flexible!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous all of them! So very pretty, like I've said before, you live in a great part of the world, Martha!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, Betty. But I'd love to visit yours, as well. I bet I'd have plenty to enjoy and photograph.

      Delete
  9. The last line is a killer. Complain less. Appreciate more. the whole world would be better off if this advice was followed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly think so. It isn't easy but it's a good words to live by.

      Delete
  10. I love the water, yet I live in Florida and the closest I get to the beach is a tea room I like.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Janie! I wish I had a beach nearby. We have a lot of rivers and lakes and ponds and such but not a real beach!

      Delete
    2. I don't feel comfortable about going to the beaches here. They're filled with young people who are drinking. I'm out of place.

      Delete
  11. Your photos are amazing. I enjoy seeing your world through your lens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just loved this calm water ,so peaceful ,you be feeling so good under the shade ,bridge is nice and duck looked lost among the yachts ,

    loved your learning too wandering after a break even in your own city refresh your soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Baili! I think if we act like tourists in our own area we truly appreciate the world around us.

      Delete
  13. Wow but you live in a beautiful place...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful shots each and every one. Love the phrase "Complain less, appreciate more." Now that is some seriously wonderful advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! Words to live by. Not easy to do but worth the effort.

      Delete
  15. Yes, water does play an important part in your life, Martha. What beautiful shots and I am happy you stuck with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The photos are fantastic.
    We don't have lakes here, so a sea will do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what beautiful. i mean i know you title these meditation, but i waited to see them on my computer over reading this post on the ipad bc they provide that beauty and calm. gorgeous =] i love your nature shots.

    also ps. are you still reading the goldfinch? I loved the story, so entertaining … ps. well i read it via audiobook, the narrator was just superb, i believe broadway-trained and his boris voice was too good. hope you are enjoying it! i now know several people who have completed it, and looking forward to see whattcha think of it(!)
    cheers, MELI =°•°=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be starting The Goldfinch tonight. I was going to start it a few days ago but squeezed in Zoo 2 by James Patterson because it was very short and I'd just finished part 1. My husband, though, did recently read The Goldfinch and he said it's really good. So I'm looking forward to getting started!

      Delete
  18. You always have awesome water views and some of them would make great desktop pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the things I love best about the city we live in...the amazing water views!

      Delete
  19. Another round of good ones, Miss Martha.

    ReplyDelete