Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Project 366: Week 46

It’s astonishing how quickly the weather shifts around here, sometimes within hours. Last week the daily temperatures were so mild that people were still mowing their lawns, and this week we’re bundling up with boots and gloves and scarves and ski jackets. Welcome to Canada! The images below are undoubtedly the last images of their nature as the earth prepares for a long winter’s nap.

This week's photo theme: Late Autumn


Friday, November 11, 2016
Basking In The Sun
"An autumn leaf enjoying the sunlight."

Project 366, Day 316: Basking In The Sun


Saturday, November 12, 2016
Nature’s Palette
"Mother Nature has painted my backyard with lovely shades of autumn.”

Project 366, Day 317: Nature's Palette


Sunday, November 13, 2016
Coming To An End
"It’s time to put away the patio furniture.”

Project 366, Day 318: Coming To An End


Monday, November 14, 2016
Raindrops
"The view through the windshield on a rainy day.”

Project 366, Day 319: Raindrops


Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Autumn Decay
"Autumn splendour is followed by autumn decay."

Project 366, Day 320: Autumn Decay


Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Contrasting Colours
"A nice colour combination.”

Project 366, Day 321: Contrasting Colours


Thursday, November 17, 2016
Nooks and Crannies
“Fall leaves can be found in every nook and cranny.”

Project 366, Day 322: Nooks and Crannies


What I've learned this week:
You won’t know what you’re capable of until you try.
Live honestly. You will sleep better at night.
Be patient with those that need it most. One day you might be on the receiving end.
You will learn something new every day if you keep an open mind.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

30 comments:

  1. Have a great day Martha. Your photos are always a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you learned this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful reminder of what so recently was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The raindrops one is very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved them all, but stunning with the raindrops one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty! I always have a camera on me for these types of opportunities.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie. We really like it. And when it's in full bloom, there is an explosion of colour.

      Delete
  7. These are all great Martha, but I do like the colours in numbers two and three.
    It's hard to believe that this is week 46, you have done brilliantly well with this project.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's incredible how quickly this year went by. I'm almost done with this project. I honestly didn't think I'd make it this far. Thank you for your support!

      Delete
  8. Now I know why I don't sleep well. I must be dishonest. So I learned something today. Maybe I might find out I am capable if being honest if I try! Okay I'm not going any further with this as you might kick me off your blog and I wouldn't like that because I like your blog. Awesome late fall photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! Well, somehow I doubt very much that you are dishonest.

      Delete
  9. I always envy people who enjoys the four seasons. so colourful and vibrant.
    here we have green green green all the way, and maybe some brown from the fallen leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine not having four seasons but I could imagine a shorter winter! And a nice, warm water beach nearby :)

      Delete
  10. Love the fall colors where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your photos this week. You're right about the weather, it's snowing and blowing here right now. I think your words of wisdom at the end are spot on! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn!
      We can go through all four seasons in one day in Canada :)

      Delete
  12. Great collection. As you know, we're just a little less north from you and we get the same stuff. Shorts one day, and then bam, Hello Mister Freeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Our weather is exactly like yours. Last week it was spring and this week it's winter. It's cozy up season. Just finished my cup of herbal tea. Peppermint tonight.

      Delete