Sunday, December 18, 2016

Project 366: Week 49

I’m two weeks behind on posting for this project but that can’t be helped. I’ve been very busy and it’s been hard keeping up with everything. So I will post some images today and again sometime this week. This set is random shots that were taken quickly and without too much thought. Or effort. So no award-winners. But at least I’m keeping my commitment to this project that is quickly coming to an end. Just like 2016. Can you believe it?

This week's photo theme: Quick Shots


Friday, December 02, 2016
Bubble Games
"Fun with colours, soap and oil.”

Project 366, Day 337: Bubble Games


Saturday, December 03, 2016
Coloured and Uncoloured
"Coloured and uncoloured coloured pencils. Can you say that three times quickly?”

Project 366, Day 338: Uncoloured and Coloured


Sunday, December 04, 2016
The Plant
"Inside the funnel of leaves of one of my favourite plants, Vriesea splendens.”

Project 366, Day 339: The Plant


Monday, December 05, 2016
Bubble Games
“More fun with colours, soap and oil.”

Project 366, Day 340: Bubble Games


Tuesday, December 06, 2016
Rise and Shine
"Waking up to a peaceful morning."

Project 366, Day 341: Rise and Shine


Wednesday, December 07, 2016
The Snowman
"Not as popular as Frosty, but just as jolly a snowman.”

Project 366, Day 342: The Snowman


Thursday, December 08, 2016
Kitty
“A friend’s cat posing for me.”

Project 366, Day 343: Kitty


What I've learned this week:
It’s not what we see, it’s how we see it.
Every day is a new day and a new opportunity to do things differently or make things better.
When things are great, it’s easy to be happy. The real challenge is staying afloat on those sucky days.
Turn off the inner critic. That person has nothing valuable to say.

Have a wonderful day!

32 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! I love your micro views. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kindness has nothing to do with it! These shots are blue ribbon macros. I would be honored to frame any for my wall!

      Merry Christmas.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Gail! And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
  2. At work when I make paint, when the paint is settled and the clear sheen rises to the top when the colors are dropped in it can make some pretty neat images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, you are masterful at the macro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, I must disagree with you...all of these are award winners...they are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoyed these interesting photos today Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, Christine! Thanks for all your support.

      Delete
  6. I have a colour and uncolour option on my Nikon but I haven't learned to use it yet. Very cool, Martha. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun playing around with images. You can create your own artwork and print it, and it doesn't cost much! Win-win :)

      Delete
  7. I like all of these, Martha! Peaceful morning looks very peaceful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those types of mornings. Great way to wake up.

      Delete
  8. I wish all people could understand the first thing you learned. It would make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those soap and oil photos! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're great shots.
    My favourites are numbers 5, 6 and 7.
    Just love the expression on the snowman's face.

    Hope Sunday has been good - have a great new week ahead,

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. That snowman is so cute!! You are almost done with this!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! Have a great week and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, Martha, I think these photos are absolutely wonderful! Some of my favorites. The one of the lamp shining is heavenly, but all are great! I feel so lucky to have found your blog back when and am able see your photos and read your perceptive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, thank you for this lovely comment. You are very kind and very thoughtful!

      Delete
  14. I love your photos.

    It's not what you see but how you see it. That is a really profound statement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! Perception is unique to all of us. And so important!

      Delete