Friday, December 23, 2016

This Festive Week

It’s hard to believe that it’s the eve of Christmas Eve. This week seems to have zipped right by. I accomplished a lot and also did nothing at the same time. Does that make sense? Probably not. But you would understand what I’m talking about if you’d lived my life the past few days. How has your week gone?



Yesterday I shared a photo of mince tarts, which some of you commented about. They are one of the most delicious things I’ve ever eaten. And they’re homemade. Not by me. The elderly gentleman that I volunteer to look after each Wednesday...well, his wife bakes them a few times a year. When she does, she leaves some on the table for us, and her husband and I have them after our lunch. This Wednesday, not only did she put aside some for lunch, she also sent me home with a large cookie tin full of them! Yeah. Can you say OHMYFLIPPINGOSH? When I got home, I was tempted to hide them and eat them in secret. But the most amazing man in the world is worth sharing with.



If you look around the stores or online, you find some really cool, sometimes funny, items for the holidays. Take the product below, for example. You attach that label to some candy and you give it to grouchy people or people who haven’t been hit by the spirit of the season. At the very least you’ll get a smile in return. Hopefully.



And then there’s this next product. I’d love to have a Grinch plush toy! I should mention it to my family next year when they’re asking me what I want. Hey, don’t laugh. We're all weird in our own way.



I’ve talked enough, so I suppose I should wrap it up now. But before I go, here is the 1978 tune “Mary’s Boy Child” by Boney M. It is a really fun song with an upbeat tone to it. Enjoy! I’ll be back tomorrow with my Christmas eve message.


38 comments:

  1. Hahaha, about the candy in the freezer. I've never had minced pies but I hear such good things about them. Happy Christmas Weekend !!!!!

    PS: I'm still sitting at the computer. My kitchen will not empty itself. I'm told.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Your PS line is too funny. Yes, it won't empty itself! :)

      Delete
    2. Got it done but very, very late into the night. But I'm thrilled. Found more that can GO!

      Delete
    3. Way to go, Wonder Woman! Out OUT out it goes!

      Delete
  2. Great hiding place for the candy :) This week did fly by! So hard to believe Christmas is around the corner! Merry Christmas!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Betty! The month just WOOSHED right by :)

      Delete
  3. The Boney M Christmas album is the BEST Christmas album ever made, in my opinion! And hell yeah, a Grinch on the Shelf beats an Elf on the Shelf any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole Elf on the Shelf thing seems a little nutty to me! Sometimes a little creepy, too :)

      Delete
  4. ready for Christmas! BRING IT AWN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Christmas laughs today! Lucky you with the mince tarts, I love those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The music must be good because Penelope came in to listen.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm addicted to Mince pies, but they aren't so good for the waistline!

    Anyway, it's been nice to discover your blog this month and just wanted to wish you a very Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for that! It's always great to connect with new blogging friends. Happy Christmas to you!

      Delete
  8. I would be afraid to give grinch pills to a grump :) Cute idea though. We did put out snacks for delivery people( I saw the idea somewhere online).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think if someone gave me those Grinch pills I would smack them in the face! How dare they suggest I'm being grumpy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd laugh a little. Maybe. Then start wondering...hmmm...

      Delete
  10. I like Boney M and have a tape! sSme people can make fantastic things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The music is amazing! I have CDs from old bands that I really enjoy.

      Delete
  11. I made mincemeat pies for the first time in years. We've been enjoying one as a pre-Christmas treat :) What a thoughtful thing for that lady to do. It's a lovely compliment when someone gives us a treat that's tricky and time-consuming to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very thoughtful! I can't tell you just how excited I was about that. She really made my day.

      Delete
  12. Great music choice ... I'm going to be going around singing and humming it!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's the cutest Grinch I've ever seen.
    Have a fabulous Christmas, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robyn! That really is a nice looking Grinch!

      Delete
  14. Grinch turned orange this year and he stole the U.S. election

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or better yet, have faith that all good people will rise and make it a good 2017!

      Delete
  15. I think the Grinch stuffed toy is adorable, Martha! Have a blessed Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! Merry Christmas. I hope you have a great time with your family.

      Delete
  16. I am just now coming up for air from all things Christmas and getting back to reading blog posts. That was very nice of the wife of the elderly gentleman. She must have a good recipe as some people don't have the knack for making tasty mince pies. It's been years since I have had one as my family members tend to like pumpkin for the holidays.

    I love Dr. Suess and all the imaginative books he wrote. I hang on to the books and force my grandkids to listen to me read them. It's the price they pay for having me as their grandparent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! I love your last statement, Cheryl. If I ever had grandkids, they're going to have to listen to Dr. Seuss stories, too. I love them! And I have a collection of them in our home that I don't intend to part with.

      Delete
  17. i am cracking up as i read your post, i spent last xmas eve at the vet emergency bc her dog ate chocolates (cousin came by, we didnt know there were chocolates in this wrapped thing) so this year as i was looking for frozen pizza i found a TON of chocolates hidden there !! :D :D so funny. well it wasnt when she was at the vet bc i missed dinner, but it is funny now, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! That is funny! The things people do :)
      And I'm glad everything turned out okay with the dog.

      Delete