Sunday, January 1, 2017

Project 366: Week 51

It’s time to wrap up this project with week 52. I’m guilty of being a lazy photographer in December but no big deal. Every single image I’ve shared in these posts was taken in 2016 and that’s good enough for me. Some of you asked if I will continue this into 2017. The answer is no. It’s very challenging and although I’m happy I participated, once is enough. At least for now. What will I plan for 2017? I’m not sure yet. One thing’s for sure, I will do my best to enjoy every single day.

This week's photo theme: Wrapping Up 2016 In Black And White


Friday, December 23, 2016
The Bird Bath
"Out of operation during the winter.”

Project 366, Day 358: The Bird Bath


Saturday, December 24, 2016
Kitty
“Our beautiful black cat, Nacho.”

Project 366, Day 359: Kitty


Sunday, December 25, 2016
Window Art
“Jack Frost is quite an artist.”

Project 366, Day 360: Jack Frost


Monday, December 26, 2016
Obstructions
“Maneuvering around the patches of ice.”

Project 366, Day 361: Ice


Tuesday, December 27, 2016
Snowy Backyard
"The garden is asleep beneath the blanket of snow."

Project 366, Day 362: Snowy Backyard


Wednesday, December 28, 2016
The Path
"This time in black and white.”

Project 366, Day 363: The Path


Thursday, December 29, 2016
Winter
“No greenery in sight. But at least the days are getting longer.”

Project 366, Day 364: Winter


Friday, December 30, 2016
Blanket Of Snow
“The world around us is black and white this time of year. With shades of grey.”

Project 366, Day 365: Blanket Of Snow


Saturday, December 31, 2016
The Library
“One of the prettiest buildings near our home year round.”

Project 366, Day 366: The Libray


What I've learned this week:
You can’t move forward if you’re facing backwards.
Find something in each day that brings you joy.
Live in the moment. That’s all we are guaranteed.
I am in charge of how I feel and in 2017 I will choose happiness.

I can’t thank you all enough for the support you gave me with this challenging project. It meant the world to me!

I wish you all a very happy 2017. Let's make it a great year.

28 comments:

  1. Such pretty eyes on your cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like "window art" and "obstructions." Also, really nice job on the images selected for your new header. Great job finishing this project. Have a wonderful 2017, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany! I wish you a very healthy and happy 2017. I'm looking forward to your lovely blog posts!

      Delete
  3. Hey week 52 !
    Well done ...and a great job on finishing this thoroughly enjoyable project.

    Whatever you may decide to follow it with in 2017, I'm ready to look and read it!

    All the best Jan

    PS I like your new header

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan, for your lovely comments and your continued support! I wish you all the best for 2017!

      Delete
  4. Great photos, and kudos to you for sticking through with it to the bitter end!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to believe that the year came and went. I'm so glad I stuck it out and got this project done!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos, I especially love the Jack Frost window art and of course, Nacho. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many people don't think of themselves as in charge and that they can call the shots. You also have to I know what you're after. I've enjoyed this series and leaned from "that I've learned this week."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was challenging but I'm glad I stuck with it. I'm very proud of myself for staying committed, especially on days when I just didn't feel like doing it anymore.

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed these challenges and reading your lessons along the way. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your support, Wonder Woman! You rock.

      Delete
  8. Black and white photos have a special beauty, in my opinion. They remind me of the photos from my childhood and my parents' earlier lives. Well done on completing this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I owe a lot to my blogging pals for their support!

      Delete
  9. All stunning and a job well done!!! Good for you for choosing happiness in 2017! Its a great thing to choose and live by!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happiness for all of 2017, Betty! I hope it's a good one for you.

      Delete
  10. so effective in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! You made it! Nice collection of B & W shots, especially of your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I am done! Doing the happy dance...

      Delete
  12. Captivating world i saw through your lenses dear Martha.
    absolutely calm and meditative though blanket creates magical gloomy effect in environment yet it is the other side of picture unavoidable and mysterious to eyes !
    you choose happiness and this is best one can do for himself dear!
    wishing you a Beautiful ,Safe ,Healthy and Prosperous new year .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Baili, for your beautiful comments! A very happy new year to you and your lovely family!

      Delete
  13. LOVE the B/W, Martha! Isn't the effect so refreshing from colour?!
    These are all so beautiful! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed very refreshing. I'm thinking I should do a lot more B/W photography. Perhaps it'll be a goal for 2017!

      Delete
  14. Martha, I love that photo with the ducks, the geometry of it, it looks great in black and white!

    ReplyDelete